With so many of us using WhatsApp for important business matters, it makes sense to backup chats either on Google Drive or iCloud Drive. Here’s how to backup your WhatsApp Conversations:
To make a Google Drive backup:
– Open WhatsApp and Tap More options (the three dots).
– Select Settings > Chats > Chat backup > Back up to Google Drive.
– Select a backup frequency other than ‘Never.’
– Select the Google account you’d like to back up your chat history to.
– Tap ‘Back up over’ to choose the network you want to use for backups.
– To turn on end-to-end encryption for your Google Drive backup select > Settings > Chats > Chat backup > End-to-end encrypted backup.
– Tap ‘TURN ON’ and create a password or use a 64-digit encryption key instead.
– Tap ‘Create ‘to create your end-to-end encrypted backup.
To make an iCloud Drive backup:
– Make sure you’re signed in with the Apple ID and iCloud Drive is turned on.
– For a manual back up. Go to WhatsApp Settings > Chats > Chat Backup > Back Up Now.
– For an automatic backup, you can enable automatic, scheduled backups by tapping ‘Auto Backup’ and choosing your backup frequency.