Two-factor authentication (2FA) adds an extra security dimension to accounts, and with Google now heading down the route of automatically enrolling millions of users into 2FA, here’s how to check if 2FA is turned on for your Google account:
– Go to your account settings through myaccount.google.com on your desktop (or phone).
– Click on the Security section (left-hand pane).
– Scroll down to the Signing in to Google section.
– Click on the ‘2-Step Verification’ option.
– Go to Google’s Security Checkup page (https://myaccount.google.com/intro/security-checkup).
– Scroll down to the ‘2-Step Verification’ section and click on the settings to see your current 2FA status plus any recommendations.